Partizan won Rad 3-0 away with brace from Ricardo and a goal from NR Miletic with two assists from Zakaric and one from 16-year old debutant Filip Stevanovic. Our team managed 14th clean sheet this season and didn`t suffer a defeat for almost 3,5 months.
We spoke to young winger Stevanovic after the game:
– I`m 16-year-old and I`m going to Belgrade`s Sporting Academy. Due to my first team Partizan duties I find it hard to manage my school tasks but I do my best. I can`t describe my joy after my Partizan debut. Until year ago, I lived in Arilje and journeyed to Belgrade on weekends to play games. Once the league started I had to move, said Stevanovic.
You were born in Uzice. When did you move to Partizan?
– I was born on 25th of September 2001 in Uzice and I always dreamt of playing for Partizan. I graduated from Partizan youths and I know what it means playing for this club. My generation of Partizan youths won Crvena Zvezda 7-1 back in 2015 and I bagged the brace back then. My favourite players are Messi, Neymar and Ronaldinho.
You were spotted by boss Mirkovic during Partizan friendlies after you scored two goals and managed one assist.
– I`m particularly pleased I did that as those were mixed team friendlies but those games motivate youngsters to show their talent and prove themselves.
Today was a big day for you.
– Of course it was, it was my Partizan debut! To be honest, I didn`t feel any tension before coming in but I regret I didn`t convert my late opportunity. Anyhow, I`m over the moon after my debut. My family were first to call me and congratulate me followed by my mates. In Partizan training centre, I spend most of the time with Kokir, Markovic and Djerlek and they helped me settle in. All the older players are there for me and I get lots of advice from them.
As a winger, how did you adapt to first team training sessions?
– It`s much more demanding compared to training with youths. I`m gradually learning the way how it all works and I heard I might be part of winter preps with the first team and might mean a lot to me. I`m a winger but can also play as attacking midfielder and forward. I`d particularly like to thank all my youth coaches from the past – Zoran Mamic, Dzevad Prekazi and Vladimir Jesic.
Partizan is home to Macva on Friday (6pm CET kick-off) as part of SSL round 21 fixtures.