Due to injuries and fatigue, Miroslav Djukic was forced to make several starting line-up changes in a round 5 SSL game against Vojvodina and this tough encounter ended with a Partizan win after late header from Ostojic beat fantastic Vojvodina keeper Rockov. Midfielder Pantic and Radin made their starting line-up debuts, as well as keeper Jovicic with whom we chatted a bit after the game.
– I had positive shivers. I knew it wasn`t going to be easy but I waited for this for a long time and I was ready for all demands boss had for me. After this debut, the long wait for it doesn`t matter any more. I can`t describe how I feel now. It really means a lot to me but it`s important we won it.
Vojvodina didn`t have many opportunities but nevertheless you seemed quite comfortable between the posts.
– Vojvodina is one great side and we knew what to expect, where the threat was coming from. They were firm and determined but we showed we are better side.
You are great friends with fellow keeper Stevanovic. This time around, you were picked ahead of your teammate.
– We are great mates. But, our job is such that only one can be picked. Bos made his decision and I was there to justify his faith in me.
You got married six months ago, your teammate Radin three days ago and Ostojic`s baby was born three days ago also.
– I`m so happy that Ostojic scored a winner. I hope support from our wives will be a boost for us in the future as well.
What was the advice you received ahead of kick-off?
– I spoke to several people who are behind me throughout my career. I was told to give my best so that I can do my job properly.
Do you have any goalkeeping rituals before the game?
– Not really. But, day ahead of the game I love to watch clips with saves from my goalkeeping heroes like Casillas, Navas or Bravo.