Partizan kid and Montenegro international Marko Jankovic is team`s top performer off lately and we spoke to him after Vojvodina game:
– We had trouble winning lately but we didn`t perform as bad as the results would suggest. Over the last three matches we were close to win but lost focus and opponents would equalize. Against Vojvodina it looked like it was going to happen again at some point, I don`t know if that`s the lack of focus or panic really. We try to fix it all and we are aware we can play better, we just need to score more goals. This was the first step towards good streak, said Jankovic.
Many pundits believe you are in a form of your life.
– We all try our best and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn`t. I`m pleased that people notice my performances and I`ll try to play even better and push the team forward. Step by step, we need to pick our form up.
Fifteeen round on, we are 13 points behind the top.
– It hurts me as I`m lifelong Partizan fan and someone who graduated from Partizan youths. I know that other players find it really hard but it just happened, it`s just one of those seasons. We`ll try to win as much as we can and I don`t believe standings leader can keep winning all the time, even Real Madrid can lose four or five games.
There`s lots to play for until the end of the season.
– There`s couple more derbies to play and I`m sure they can lose some points somewhere. What`s up to us, we`ll try to do our best. It also hurts that fans are not coming in fine numbers when the results are not the best and we want them back.
Partizan is hosting Radnik before international break followed by another home encounter against Dinamo.
– We are favourites to win those games but we must not underestimate anyone. We need another win before international break and then we need to get ready for more wins before winter break.