Partizan was two-nil up on half hour mark against Rad with goals from Ozegovic and Mitrovic but two early second half goals from hosts made it a tense affair. Luckily, 18-year-old sub Jovanovic and ever-present Tawamba scored on 79 and 89 respectively to make it 4-2 final score.
Mitrovic and Jovanovic scored their first competitive goals for Partizan and they were both there for a little Partizan website chat after the game.
– This was quite a tough game to play after midweek one-all draw. We started well but thought the job was done when we were two-nil up. But, we showed character and managed to win. This is good lesson to be learned and it might serve us well to get stronger, says Mitrovic.
You scored your first Partizan goal.
– I`m glad I scored my first Partizan goal. It important I pick up the pace and I hope I`ll perform even better, scoring more goals along the way. Let`s hope this is just the beginning.
How does your full-back partnership with Miletic works?
– We work together really well. This is only my second game and I`ll try to make it look much better with given time. I arrived here three weeks ago and I need time to blend in.
Unfortunately, we lost keeper Stojkovic down to injury during warm-up.
– Stojke is true team leader and his injury didn`t go down well with team. But, we are collective and we need to help each other. I wish Stojkovic quick recovery.
Partizan youngster Djordje Jovanovic scored on 79 to make it 3-2. This is the reward for his patience as he wasn`t among the starters for the last four games.
– Rad shocked us with two early second half goals and we unexpectedly lost a two-goal advantage. But, we managed to get up and win it 4-2. Incredible game, especially for me. This is my first official Partizan goal and it helped Partizan win. I`d like to thank boss for given opportunity, says Jovanovic.
It`s Dynamo Kiyv on Thursday now.
– No rest for us. Of course, we will go out there to win it, regardless of the opposition.