Partizan squad trains at Zemunelo camp twice a day before moving to Slovenia for a second part of pre-season preps. Danilo Pantic and newcomer Ricardo Gomes joined preps as well while first summer signing, forward Nemanja Nikolic, trains with the squad from the day one and we caught up with him for a little chat.
– Organisation and sports centre are phenomenal. Most importantly, training pitches are in perfect condition. We also workout in a gym and I have to say this club is well-organized and players have everything they need. Moreover, youth system brings new players and the club restaurant is first class. I have great overall impressions – esthetics, food and all the employees, everything is perfect. I`m truly overwhelmed, says Nikolic.
You are best friends with your former Spartak teammate Djordje Ivanovic. What advice you got from him upon your arrival?
– He told me everything I needed to know even before my arrival, the sketches of everything awaiting me, so to speak. It`s now on me to work and benefit from this perfect conditions, to advance and improve my skills.
You`ve been working with the squad for the past ten days. Did you blend in?
– Preps start is always hard, we are building our form for everything that awaits us throughout the season and I`m sure we`ll be around in three competitions for some time. It`s different intensity here compared to Spartak but that`s normal as Partizan is respected Serbian and European club always aiming for silverware. Of course, pressure is there is well, but one had to handle it.
Apart from Ivanovic, who do you hang out with the most?
– With my roommates Jovicic and Nemanja Stevanovic. I`m grateful to all the lads for their reception and we are truly a family here. Such atmosphere and hard work bring good results.
SSL 2018/19 season fixtures are out and EL qualifiers draw is scheduled for Wednesday.
– I hope we can make a step forward in Europe this season. It`s going nto be tough but lots of players here have more European experience now. As for the domestic season, we kick it off away to Radnik and its club`s philosophy that we enter each game with a winning desire. As for my expectations, I hope for a domestic double and EL group stage.