Partizan qualified for National Cup semis beating Javor Ivanjica 2-0 away with second half goals from Ozegovic and NR Miletic. We talked to Partizan full-back Miletic who scored his first Partizan goal today.
- We played well all the way through and proved better side. This was one firm encounter on a tough pitch surface but we always looked close to score. We finally did it 20 mins into the second half scoring two goals in quick succession and closed the game down in calm fashion. Partizan is always aiming for the highest and qualifying for National Cup semis means a lot to us, says NR Miletic.
We all kind of expected you to score for months now. How much this goal means to you?
- I had lots of opportunities so far but just couldn`t score. Thank God, I scored my first Partizan goal today and I promise you I won`t stop there. Moreover, I`m happy we all played well last three games, we picked up, showed character and we are on the right track again.
Late in the game you were booked for a brave flank challenge and you needed treatment afterwards. How do you feel now?
- I felt thigh muscle pain after that challenge and we`ll see how bad it is after the medical. I have pains now but I hope it`s just a knock.
You were paired at the back with Partizan academy graduate 18-year-old Svetozar Markovic who assisted to both Partizan goals and played significant role in Partizan attack overall.
- Spotless performances from Markovic, both this one and the one against Cukaricki. I said it number of times before and I`ll say it again – he is the future of the club.
Partizan is home to Radnik Surdulica on Sunday as part of SSL round 28 fixtures.
- One more game before international break and this one is against the team that showed quality this season. We`ll do our best to win it and to enter international break in positive fashion.