Partizan squad returned to Belgrade after two-week winter preps camp staged in Turkish resort of Belek. Domestic season restarts next weekend and Partizan is away to Backa on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Partizan boss Mirkovic spoke to press about winter preps so far:
– I`not sure those who were starters in our last friendly will start next Saturday. There will be changes, Mladost friendly convinced me of it, says Mirkovic.
– If we want to sum up Belek preps, we have to say we had problems with weather conditions at the beginning but we did what we were after eventually. I`m slightly worried about injuries – namely Pantic, Ivanovic and Njie.
Talking about friendlies, when we played strong opposition we had more space and therefore we were more dangerous. But, when it`s tight we have a problem with creative play, especially now that Jankovic departed and Pantic is injured.
– But, we will look for solutions within the squad we have. Some things need to be modified.
Is youngster Stevanovic one of the solutions?
– I said before, we have to be patient when it comes to all our youngsters. They are all talented kids and they need to develop correctly. We can`t rush things.
After being sidelined for six months, Zoran Tosic played a 90-minute friendly against Krylia Sovetov.
– I`m pleased with his form, he feels better now and he is surely great addition to the squad. I believe we`ll see him in a new role as presented against Krylia.
What did Partizan gain and lost during winter transfer window?
– I`m aware of club`s situation and I know who we can work with. This is what we have now. Would I change anything if I said something else? I don`t think so.
A few words on newcomers, starting with Moussa Njie.
– We are no different training-wise to the rest of the world or let`s just narrow it down to Europe. I cannot accept that we work harder here or that we don`t work hard enough. It`s all within the same frame as elsewhere and I think Moussa probably had a trouble with his physique before his arrival.
– He seems quite fit, I`m sure he`ll be useful.
– Young player who needs to be patient as much as we need to be patient with him. He`s got quality and potential but needs to work so much more.
Finally, Partizan defence seems to be the strongest link here.
– We didn`t concede in three out of five friendlies but we made mistakes in all departments. Our defence works well throughout the season and I`m pleased how all our players trained. It was hard and tiring, no days off. They all deserve praise for their working ethics, determination and professional approach to these preps.